Journey to the Wales
Assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Hi to all.
If you are coming through facebook pictures, welcome.
I was trying to make an interesting story about my journey to Cardiff.
Anyway, if you are just coming by, this is how I write my story.
And if you just realized it,
Hi people, I just change my blog url.
Okay, enough of the introduction.
Let's get through the story.
As I'm waiting for my Mandarin class in one hour, let's have a story about last weekend.
We leave Coventry in the morning while it was snowing and take the early morning(lah sangat) train to Birmingham New Street.
We exchange the train to Cardiff Central.
The time taken from Birmingham New Street to Cardiff Central is about 2 hours.
As we sit on the train, we enjoyed the picturesque view outside the window.
| The scenery and me. Haha :P |
After spending two hours in the train, finally we arrived at Cardiff.
Walking through the rain and arrived at Cardiff Market.
| The uncle's picture |
| How the street look like. |
| Cardiff Castle |
We wait for our friend to come and take us to her home.
Actually, we came to Cardiff to attend the Malaysian Night : Cultural and Diversity.
We also watch the theater performed by Malaysian Student from Cardiff University.
The theater is about Maharajalela.
Do you know who Maharajalela is?
Googled it. Haha :P
Anyway, basically, Dato' Maharajalela is one of the Malay warrior.
He tried to saved Perak, to be exact, Pasir Salak from being taken over by English people - JWW Birch
I think that's how I spell the name.
Okay, this story is about LOVE and BRAVERY.
And it like kinda musical, which the actors singing and dancing.
At the end, they performed Dikir Barat which actually symbolize the multicultural of Malaysian society.
Overall comment : As I love theater so much and I'm involved in several theaters before, I can't say much.
I will just say, the performance was good overall. :)
Salute!!
| Waiting for performance to begin |
| Iklan sebentar. Mari berehat bersama Kit Kat. |
So, the day ended as we took a night at our friend's house.
The next day, we woke up and ready to explore Cardiff Bay!!
At first it was raining hard and we were very frustrated.
And after we reach Cardiff Bay, the rain stop pouring, so we start our exploration!!
As Cardiff situated in Wales, most of the sign - not most, I should say all - the signboard have two language. English and Welsh.
It feels like we were in another country, not England anymore. Haha :P
| Wales Millenium Centre - also the Tourist Information Centre |
The also have like auditorium up there, where people perform orchestra and all.
| I don't remember who is he. Macam Lady Godiva kat Coventry tu rasanya. :)) |
We start our exploration in the Pierhead Building.
It's a dock tower office where people in the old time use it to manage the dock (if I'm not mistaken)
| In front of the Pierhead Building |
Next, we go to the Senedd, which is also the National Assembly for Wales.
Because it is a place for National Assembly, the security also was like the in-flight security which you have to scan your bag and your body.
Anyway, we safely get through the security and go into the building.
| Macam Parliamentlah lebih kurang. :) |
Next is the Bay.
This is where the ship anchored(?)
| Finally, in front of the sea!! |
And also the Lighthouse 2000.
It's a ship which includes the cafe inside.
| I'm the Princess of this ship!! Yeeehaaa :P |
| Inside the ship |
| The worker(?) is my long-lost friend. :) |
And the highlight of the day should be this one!!
The museum of Doctor Who Experience.
| In front of the building |
| The ticket |
It cost you 15 pound per adult to go inside there.
And you should at least know something about Doctor Who Experience.
At least you know what is it before you go inside.
I've watch a few episodes but it was too suspense to watch alone in my room.
So, I'll wait until I returned to Malaysia or moved to a proper house before I continue watching it. :)
The first 25 minutes is where you interact with the so high technology inside and the rest of the time, you can go around the museum and take pictures and have a look of the displayed things.
| One of the complicated thing inside the doctor's work place |
| The enemy. (Scary, right?) |
| The collage of the works |
So, that basically end our journey to Cardiff Bay.
There are a lot of places that we still want to visit.
But as our train is at 5.45 in the evening and the rain started pouring again, we decide to end the exploration.
| Goodbye Cardiff Bay. (I'll come back later. haha :P) |
Anyway, we went to Mermaid Quay, grab something to eat and head back to the train station.
Overall, we are tired to walk in the rain and also with the bags, but still it's a very great experience. :)
So, people around England, if you haven't been in Cardiff or you are planning to, I should say Cardiff is a great place to be in holiday.
Cewaaah, macam terror sangat.
Haha, I say that as a tourist.
As I won't say the same for Coventry.
Maybe because I haven't been anywhere around that much.
Just go to class, go to town and come back.
That's all.
I should explore some more before I write a good proposal of tourism about Coventry.
And I will do it when I'm free.
Kena biasakan diri dulu baru senang nak berjalan, kan?
So, good to see you again, people.
See you again.
Comments